Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Multirotor Madness




The multirotor collection grows...
to a total of 7, for now.  With the latest addition to the fleet (more on that in a bit) I decided to drag them all out for a photo.  The QSC Tricopter started all this a couple of years ago, and was my only multi for two years...then, in January of this year at the urging of a friend in Idaho, and Crash, I picked a V202.  From there, I got swept full speed into the multirotor scene...and this is where I am today.  Paul over at Readytoflyquads.com didn't help much, (I say that with my tongue firmly planted in my cheek, by the way) when I got one of his Flip 1.5 boards for my Tricopter.  Shortly after that, the Flip quad he produces found me.  Then..a Frankenquad and a V212 joined the collection, followed by an OPQ (one piece quadicle) not pictured here.  My buddy Nav has it, since we built it in a night at a fly-in, and used his electronics.  The OPQ was a design Crash came up with, and all of the hosts and close friends of the show (www.thecrashcast.com) helped alpha and beta test.  The white OPQ frame is the final result, and I still have to load it with gear.  The Hexa showed up today, and while it isn't mine, it will be in my hangar quite a bit.  It belongs to the guys at Deaconeye, and will be used in the program over there.  I have it so I can set it up and get it flying correctly. Man...mutli's are just so much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment