Monday, September 16, 2013

Planes, Multirotors, and friends

Allot has happened since the last update, but this will be a short entry..more to follow later.

Something struck me since my last entry...I hear how technology has made it harder for people to communicate face to face, what with texting, and email, and social media.  My experience has been the opposite.  Some of the best friends I have are a result of forums and electronic communication.  Just tonight, I had dinner with a buddy from Alabama, passing thru town on his way to see a mutual friend we have in Va.  Another friend from Michigan who has recently moved to NC joined us.  These are guys I met while discussing RC stuff on rcgroups.com, and subsequently have met in "real life."  I was thinking about that on my way home from dinner and I realized I have friends from all over the world that I have met because of my involvement in the RC hobby, and these are guys I get to see once every year or so at an event, yet I can really call them my friends.  I can pick up the phone and call them to ask for advice on a project, or just to see whats going on.  It occurred to me that maybe technology isn't the problem here, instead it might be how some choose to use technology...strangely enough, that can be applied to more than just electronic communication methods.

No comments:

Post a Comment